Get Adobe Flash player

Aziende consigliate

Vicoli (Pe)
085. 845274

Eventi e Fiere

itinerary Vestino

Lying on the shores of the Adriatic Sea,the two sides of the mouth of the river, is the modern Pescara, a city that gave birth to the famous poet Gabriele D'Annunzio. He was born in 1927, when it also became the provincial capital, following the merger of two towns located to one another on the opposite bank of the river on the left side Castellammare Adriatico, Pescara on the other side. The long history of the city begins from the ancient maritime emporium Aternum, made by the people, then people in today's Abruzzo: the Vestini, Marrucini, and the Peligni Frentani. Then, most likely at the time of the Lombards, the name changed and became Piscaria, indicating that in these waters, the fishing was excellent. During the Middle Ages the city was subject to various domains, while the year 1799 it is recalled that General Gabriel Manthone with his fellow citizens opposed a long resistance to the siege of the Bourbons. Then the terrible world wars and after the reconstruction and revival of Pescara, thanks to rapid economic and demographic development has moved inland to the nearby hills and fertile.The sea and the beach, however, are among the most beautiful treasures of this great city, with its beautiful promenade that leads, in the heart of town, in the scenic and verdant Piazza I Maggio. We begin our visit here, and now, his back to the blue waters, adjoining c'immettiamo in Piazza della Riviera, better known as Piazza Salotto Lounge after the family who owned the land on which kind the Square. Via Nicola Fabrizi, Via Firenze, Corso Umberto are just some of the crowded streets every day by many people around shopping in the many shops and rich. Against the background of the course here appears in all its grandeur, the modern station, with its stained glass windows that cover the exterior walls. Continuing along Corso Vittorio Emanuele reach Piazza Duca d'Aosta, where on our left we see the impressive buildings: Town Hall with its tower on the facade stands out the clock and the Government Palace, which houses the offices of the Prefecture, the Province of Police and the Provincial Library.Inside you can admire numerous works of art including the beautiful canvas of the painter Francesco Paolo Michetti Abruzzo, "The Daughter of Jorio. We cross the bridge over the river and enter the old part of town, also called Pescara Porta Nuova. Ongoing Manthone visit the birthplace of Gabriele D'Annunzio, where they are stored, in addition to furniture, objects belonging to the poet, while some of the rooms on the ground floor houses the Folklore Museum and the Archaeological exhibition Permanent teaching. Famous in the inner courtyard of the house is the small well. A few steps from here there is another rich museum dedicated to the famous Basil Cascella that with his works from the beginning of a long line of artists Abruzzo. We take Via Gabriele D'Annunzio and here is a short distance up the beautiful Cathedral of St. Cetteo, patron saint of the city. The modern structure - the work was completed in 1938 - reminds us that we meet the classic Romanesque churches in Abruzzo. Inside we see a large painting of St. Francis by Giovanni Francesco Barbieri Guercino or the tomb of the poet's mother Pescara, Luisa De Benedectis D'Annunzio, and a wooden bust of the patron saint.Follow it all the way to admire the Art Nouveau buildings that run along until you reach the far south, where we find the shaded and lush forest, the largest green lung of the city. Not far from here, along the road along the sea, stands the tall obelisk (65 meters) of the Teatro d'Annunzio-monument, summer home of major theatrical and musical performances. To visit the numerous churches of Pescara, including the nineteenth-century Church of the Sacred Heart, St. Anthony Church, the Church of the Holy Spirit embellished by marble and stained glass and the Church of Our Lady of Seven Sorrows, visited each year the first Sunday of June, of solemn celebration. Big party in town is also the last Sunday of July, at the commemoration of Saint Andrew, patron of sailors. The legend tells of a fish found in bright sea fisherman, Andrea. They hung him out from the house and the light of other fishermen fish brought to shore one night, during a bad storm, were lost at sea.Particular and the procession made today in the open sea with rows of fishing boats, including bright bands and fireworks. The procession reaches the near Montesilvano where a wreath is thrown into the water in memory of the dead and then return to the harbor. There are many manifestations of Pescara, we mention a few: the coveted "Ennio Flaiano" in July along with the jazz festival and the opening of the shows in the Teatro D'Annunzio, ending in August, and again in the hot months of August, the famous bicycle race for the trophy Matteotti.

Leaving the frenetic Pescara we venture into the most peaceful areas of the valley of the river Tavo: widespread crop fields and patches of vegetation began to appear on the fertile land bordering the road. On a hill amidst lush olive groves are Moscufo, a country that enjoys unbelievable views and known for its delicious olive oil but also for the traditional Living Nativity, one of the most beautiful of Abruzzo.Now we visit the ancient church of Santa Maria del Lago, within which we can see the imposing pulpit in 1159 by Master Nicodemus, consists of four columns, arches with beautiful embossed designs and the original forum enriched with arabesque elements to great effect. At the center of the country we enter the Church of St. Christopher of 1607, a nave, with baroque decorations inside and artistic paintings on the ceiling and paintings on the side altars. Then, before leaving, we are reaching the eighteenth-century Church of the Pieta, where we admire the paintings of great artistic value such as "La Pieta" by Severino Palunti.

Leaving Moscufo continue to push in the province of Pescara and come to the country of Pianella, also located on a scenic hill. In the outer area of ​​the town lies the beautiful church of Sant'Angelo, built probably in the first half of the 300 on the ruins of a temple dedicated to Vesta. Stands now the portal and the majestic canopy decorated with finely carved designs, while the massive bell tower rises from inside the church.Pianella meet in the heart of the Church of San Domenico, which shows a decidedly baroque interior style. The same style that we see in another beautiful church of Our Lady of Mount Caramel that depicted in the tympanum, and Child. Now let's enjoy the ancient and beautiful Church of St. Anthony, whose vicissitudes are clearly visible in the different lines of the structure several times. Here, in a chapel, there are the remains of Santa Ciriaca. On leaving the country to visit the website of the Municipality of 1625, made of stone. On Easter Sunday in Pianella begins in the early hours of dawn, when a group of singers with musical accompaniment brings the "hello" to the villagers. The first to be woken up are clearly the most prominent as the mayor, the civil and military authorities who not only willingly accept the early morning awakening, but to reciprocate the offer of desserts and drinks. At times, the verses, made ironically, put in the pillory, not that no one take offense, flaws, quirks and characteristics.

The route proceeds in the direction of the mountains and as soon as we cross Cepagatti we stopped for our third stop in Nocciano. Now we are in the valley between the river Pescara and its tributary Nora. We see two pretty churches that have a long history to tell. One is the Church of San Lorenzo, celebrated in the country on August 10 when the night sky is lit by shooting stars. The Christian church is also well documented but largely destroyed, but they are clear architectural lines of the medieval structure of Roman origin. The other is the church of St. Anthony of Padua, profoundly transformed over the centuries. The interior is essentially baroque ornaments and furnishings, like the meticulously carved pulpit hanging. In its immediate vicinity is to visit the ancient medieval castle and the great tower.

And here we are ready to go for the ultimate goal. From Nocciano hours to go down the river Pescara, but without crossing we stop at Roscoe. The country is no news was already in the Middle Ages when people lived by Lombard.Following its history is interwoven with that of the Albanian people still present today in a village called Villa Abbess of Roscoe, where the manners and customs of their land are handed down from father to son, as the celebrations for the holy Easter celebrated according greek-Albanian Byzantine tradition. But we come to visit, in the oldest part of this farming village, the Church of St Nicholas dating from the fifteenth century. Access is through a side entrance to find an extension to a single aisle where they have preserved the art of Renaissance frescoes. We move the old medieval church of Santa Maria Assunta, which transformed over the centuries, acquired a typically baroque style. To good effect here is the canvas of the Assumption. Leaving the church we see the medieval castle of Roscoe today still kept in excellent condition.

             

CONSIGLIATI

 

mare abruzzo